Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Punk Is Alive

Punk's Not Dead, It's Just Taking A Nap.




One of the greatest punk bands ever. my first ever venture into the punk culture was indulging in the psychedelic music of blink182.

funny, punk, meaningful, melodic.

One hell of a ride was it for me, they gave me life during my form 2 times. Their Music accompanied me whenever i was shitty, whenever i was down, whenever i was just pissed at everyone around me, and during the times that i was just hanging on to life's pathway.

Punk is not just the sound, the music. Punk is a lifestyle.
-Billy Joe Armstrong

Blink then later broked up because of internal disputes. it was a terribly sad and shocking.
i always thought blink would be one of those "untouchable" legends.

However what happened happened. Tom delonge broke off and formed his own band " Angels and Airwaves"

Lyrically meaningful, emo, tackling real world issues kinda band. it was nowhere near punk.
however being a fan i still bought the album. it was quite mesmerising in terms of song arrangement , melodic , lyrical terms. however it was no where near the old tom delonge.

Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker on the other hand broke off to form " Plus 44"

Plus 44 still remains a little punkish with songs like " when my heart stops beating"

and the hit " No it isn't " basically talks about the old blink.

Oh well what can i say. music really changes mood. when i feel super down music just keeps me going. Music washes away from the soul the dusts of everyday life. It is the medicine of the breaking heart.




Punk intially diversified into pop punk. click five, simple plan etc are all pop punk bands.

as travis barker would put it , he called them poppy punks. haha.

anyways recently i stumbled upon Paramore. i fell in love with their hit " hallelujah "
and of course hayley williams. =) she's like another avril lavigne. only better. hehehehe!

i would love to make this a very very long post. however. chemistry quiz is tomorrow. gotta run for now.

here i leave you with some of the quotes from the best punk bands you'll ever find =)

We can't buy more time, cause time won't accept our money.
- Bad religion

Yeah, fuck me! I wish you all could fuck me!
- Billy Joe Armstrong

You won't get 'i love you baby' or 'suck my weewee' from me; i try to write interesting lyrics.
-Jello Biafra

Everyone defines everyone else, well I don't give a fuck. Label me whatever the hell you want. I just want to be left alone. So I can wear my thrift shop clothes and not have mohawked hair or the most perfect spikes. So I can like whatever band I like. I know who I am, don't label me cause you can't tell me who to be. And if you don't think I'm "punk", I don't give a fuck. I won't be a clone.
- Jimmy Little of the Fuck Up's

I never did home work after school. I did all things I thought were cool. I went out every friday night. I still do and I'm alright
-mxpx


The company mass producing fear. bottled, capped, distributed near and far, sold for a reasonable price. The people they love it they feed it. Brush with it, bathe with it, breathe it. Inject it direct to the blood. It seems to be replacing love.
-nofx



Brains for breakfast, brains for lunch, brains for dinner, brains for brunch, brains at every single meal why can't we have some guts?
- The Misfits

School is practise for the future, and practise makes perfect and nobodys perfect so why bother
- Tre Cool

AND TOPS!!

QUOTES FROM BLINk 182 !!!!!!!!!!

wheeeee ness

I think it's so incredible that there are all these boy bands out there, like the Backstreet Boys and N'sync. They're all so bad! It hurts me, I've cried!
-Tom

I came up with a little formula... if you write songs about girls you get girls at the show. we write a lot of songs about girls
-Tom


I'm not gay, but the man in my bed last night was
-Tom


I have no idea why people like our band. Maybe bad taste is in.
-Mark


haha i just loved them. LASTLY! JUST REMEMBER TO EAT SLEEP AND BLINK =)

No comments: